Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

I'm sorry I wasn't there. To argue with you at the hospital at night like I used to, whenever you insisted that I should sleep on your bed, even though you were the patient.

I'm sorry about that time we fought.And all the other times I can't remember. I'd blame it on the fact that I was thirteen and a complete idiot, but I needn't have been such a bitch. You were just doing what you were supposed to and watching out for me.

I'm sorry I didn't visit you as often as you wanted me to. I can't remember all the meaningless things that mattered then.

I'm sorry I'm not home yet. Even though I promised I'd be home soon.

I'm not ready for you to leave yet. It's as simple as that. So I want you to stay. I know I should want what's best for you. I know I shouldn't be selfish. Yet despite the fact that I've spent all my life asking you for things, and it's no longer my turn to ask but to give, I just want you to stay...

1 comment:

Delilah said...

:(

take care.