Sunday, July 20, 2008


and yet again, I'm back.... It feels like I've definitely over used the words, "I'm back" on the blogosphere the past couple for months but it is definitely with good reason. The darned net, is extremely temperamental and the only time it actually works on my computer is if nangi isn't downloading something or the other off the net. Unfortunately, that's something that almost never happens so blogging had become something of the bygone days when it was simply a click away.

But back I am, and on the bright side, the absence is almost over as I'll be heading back to school in a couple of weeks. despite the fact that I wasn't here, I or at least certain physical aspects of me haven't been forgotten by ding at least. Unfortunately, his blog and ding himself are most likely to suffer an extremely painful death (not at my hands obviously) in the near future so being remembered on his blog will become somewhat pointless.

However, moving no to more pleasant topics, such as chocolate cupcakes... I made some today. Baking cakes is the one culinary 'thing' that I can claim to be good at (and I'm really good even though I'm saying so myself) and after ten years I like to think I've mastered the perfect chocolate cake and have become a part of those select few who know how essential it is to eat all the cake batter remaining on the bowl and as much icing as possible to ensure that the cake comes out great. There's something so soothing about making a cake and I've never figured out what it is exactly that I find so relaxing about making cake. Fortunately I'm not one of those, "I can't eat what I cook" people so I've already partaken quite a few of the yummy cup cakes, still warm with the chocolate bits all melty and nice. Unfortunately, the mother bought the cup cake cups (because naturally one tends to forget minor details such as that when buying the ingredients to make cupcakes) and suggested that we take some to the grandmother/cousins' house which means that I have to leave them and share and forget about stuffing my face with them.

Yesterday, I watched "The Illusionist" (This is the sort of thing my English professor hates with a passion and I can't seem to help doing because I always figured that the point of a paragraph was to introduce an entirely new topic) and it's actually a pretty good movie. Not maybe as good as "The Prestige" because it's pretty obvious from the start but good because Edward Norton plays the main role of Eisenheim the Magician. Lately I've been watching a lot of movies with Norton and he is an amazingly good actor and extremely good looking.


I love how he looks somewhat kiddish and slightly skinny most times.

Moving on, I've joined the rest of (well most of at least) you bloggers and I've done it. I got three new piercings and they look so pretty. Nowhere fancy mind you like my eyebrow or belly but my ears. A couple of days ago, I finally took one pair off and went to bed minus the earrings only to have the punctures close by the next morning. So now being the intelligent person that I am, I've decided to never take my earrings off. Sometimes, my intelligence astounds me.

I was having the beginnings of a viral flu yesterday so for once, I actually spent the whole day in bed watching TV and no one made fun of me for doing it (calling me a tv whore would be an understatement to say the least and while I'm no longer the hardcore TV addict i used to be, I still love spending hours watching it). I realized just how easy it is to amuse me because I was happy watching almost anything that was passably decent. I even watched/watch the extra crappy movies that have bad acting and even worse story lines on the hallmark channel. And I enjoyed it.

Anyway, the time has come as the Walrus says and all for me to get back to the TV and the cupcakes...

p.s. - I started watching this anime programme (and I say this in hushed tones as someone who's never understood anime and found it to be a waste of time) and now I'm hooked on it. It's all about avatars and benders and it's actually pretty neat.

1 comment:

Times Eye said...

i like the illusionist...only the ending was absurd