Two of them were engaged to be married at some point
One of them did a friend a favour and switched from the six o'clock shift to the six thirty shift
One of them was on the way back home after attending a function where he was responsible for some big wig's security (His high risk job didn't kill him)
One of them took the bus instead of the van because the roads were flooded
I spent the whole morning reading all the newspapers (because I have to do media tracking at the job now)for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday and the first couple of pages in each paper were horrendous.
Barbaric. Blood and chaos and motor vehicles and bits of debris. Faces torn apart. Severed limbs. Bandages and starch white hospital bed and blood. Silk layered coffins and stiff cadavers. Grief. Unbearable grief. Dead Loved ones.
They all carry the same pictures and the names of the 19 people who died. I read their stories over and over again and saw pictures of them during happier times. It happens on an almost weekly basis now. What happens next???
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
2 comments:
One of them was a pregnant lady. A guy was happily sitting in his seat, saw this lady and gave the seat to her. She died. He didn't.
it's all fate... and bad timing.. sigh..
Post a Comment