After a six and a half hour train ride, I'm finally here, at nandi's. Feels so good to be home. Life is pretty good; I can look forward to a week, a whole entire week of blissful nothing except eating, sleeping, reading and the occasional bit of work I brought along. And the food.. the a,mazing amazing food which I don't have to cook and which isn't mass produced. Definitely a bonus. Ate chicken curry after ages and man, seriously... we Sri Lankans know how to make the best dish of chicken is all I can say...Hot and spicy chicken curry with moist tender chicken... words can't describe how good it tastes. It definitely made up for the crappy lunch and breakfast I had and I get to have seven whole days more of good food. Heaven... definitely... Didn't do much except eat and just hang around since I got here. Did a whole lot of coloring with the 5 year old cousin, and tried to convince her to watch "The Sound of Music" and failed. She doesn't like sad movies and refuses to watch beyond the point where Maria leaves but I haven't given up yet. She loves the songs in it and I watched the songs with her so hopefully she'll love the movie by the time I leave. It's just too good a movie for her to miss out on. It was my absolute favorite movie growing up, but I'll blog about that later. Now I'm just gonna have a shower in a nice warm bathroom where I have lots of space to move around, don't have to worry about "being heard" and that I don't have to share with anyone and sleep in a bed that's twice the size of mine... sigh...
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment