Friday, March 14, 2008

The lazy bum that I am....

As I'm killing time doing random things on the second last day of my holiday, it struck me that I have no self discipline what so ever. It's funny because I'm very disciplined when it comes to food and eating habits but it pretty much stops there. I never stick to plans; whether it's to do my laundry (actually more than "can't be botherdness" it's actually forgetting about it), homework, cleaning up my lil place which is home for most of the year and consists of half of a dorm room or even returning telephone calls or emailing everyone I'm supposed to. The only things I do almost everyday without fail is check my facebook account and the weather and generally my mail (even if I don't bother responding). But like I said before, I'm a very disciplined eater and that's funny because in general people find it hard to do that; control/watch over what you eat so you eat right but I almost always make sure I intake everything necessary and don't always give way to cravings unless I'm convinced that it's ok for me to do so. Right now for example, I'm supposed to be doing a lot of things including the lil bit of work I brought along which now feels like a whole pile or even my laundry but I simply can't be bothered to get up and do anything. I'd much rather sit here with my laptop and book and kill time. This isn't something that I do specifically during holidays either. The last time I had a paper due I waited until Sunday night to start writing it even though I had the whole weekend to do it. I just watched TV and procrastinated the whole time and then started on my paper around 8. I know as a kid I was kinda absurdly disciplined so maybe I'm just making up for lost time. I'm convinced that's why I sleep till noon when I don't have to get up for a class because till I hit thirteen I couldn't get myself to sleep past seven in the morning. T'is sad I know. Imagine all the hours of sleep I missed out on... sigh...
On a completely different note, was reading Ding's blog (former pink boxing gloves and chappafine) and remembered a whole bunch of stuff from last years when I read about his blue shirt... It seems so long ago but it was only about eight months ago that I went back as a volunteer and made some drastic changes (that have now been kind of changed back) to my life... Life is so fickle... But I think that's why I like it. Change and variety (of the good kind) make life so much more interesting.... As I learned long ago in Dhamma School (yes, I went to Dhamma School for almost seven years and yes it's an odd thing for some one who doesn't consider herself religious or practice a religion to do), "anithya" which means nothing is permanent... (I think)
anyways, now back to my book... I'm reading my second Arthur Hailey (not the second for this week but the second one my whole life) and it's time I got back to the suspensive plot of "Detective".

p.s. - I generally figure out a title for most of my posts after I type out the post because I have this habit of picking random words from my post and making that my title (so smart. I know :p) so i figured that my lack of self discipline makes me a lazy bum. Because I am.... seriously... I can think of a ton of things I could've accomplished with my life (not that I'm a complete looser because I have, even if I say so myself, done quite a few things with my life) if I wasn't so lazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Changes?

Jane Doe said...

I did change... ya? last year???

pissu perera said...

that first para could've easily been about me :D good to know i'm not the only slacker around.

ps - i'm not stalking you. i found when i was looking for blogs that link back :D

Jane Doe said...

We're definitely not a dying breed :)
N I stalk your blog (in a non creepy way) :D

Sunshine Junkie said...

ahhhh i hear you! sighhh... the ifs.