As the title says, I'm in the middle of midterms. Even if I just have two this week (including one take home) mid terms are still very bad. Because, sometimes, too many things left until the last minute can make life very very hard. What I generally do is make a plan and sticking to it without fail will generally get me through BUT the sticking to the plan part is something I suck at, as I always give way to urges to procrastinate, facebook, blog/ read blogs, TV and reading. So today, because I didn't study last night, I crammed for two and a half hours and went for my mid term (It went pretty decent) and I'm trying convince myself that I'm extra smart even though I know it just means that the midterm was right off the texts and basically everything that was in the quizzes. Oh well, I can't be that bad right. Especially because the strangest thing happened today.
There I was, washing up beakers after an experiment (for basic chem which is th only science I'm taking because it's mandatory) and the TA tells me that I did a great job on my lab report (I blushed a bit and thanked my Room-mate-to-be for being extraordinarily nice and explaining to me how one should be written seeing I'd never written one before) and that I was among the better students in the class (I was now wondering whether she'd mixed me up with one of the students because most of my post lab stuff's all BS and I'd be lying if I said I understood half the experiments we do cos we just do them cos we have to and get out as soon as I can) n that maybe should consider continuing studying chemistry (HA HA). You've got to be kidding me. The one thing (science) that I knew I sucked at (thanks to my OH SO great A level results) was my best subject this semester?!?! I just found it shocking. I moved as far away from science as I possibly could and she tells me I'm good at it. Very very odd. Maybe she's just new at the whole TA thing because she was surprised to hear I was an International Student. I mean opening my mouth is all it takes for everyone to notice my still very un-american accent (which i'm oh so proud of) so it was odd that after 8 weeks or so, she still hadn't figured it out. Oh well. It definitely helped boost up my day which is always a welcome feeling.
The rest of this post is going to be dedicated to the weather. Because it's been amazing the past couple of days. By amazing I mean not freezing and almost warm (obviously). The sun's always out, but there is a somewhat chilly wind that has now resulted in one very sore throated Jane Doe but the sunshine and general sense of warm weather feels great. I've gone for two whole days without wearing socks and only using sweater outside. Is that great or what???
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment