Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sexcapades in the dorm among other night time activities

This post is confession more than anything else. I've always had a problem with singing in public and other than my closest friends and family, no one else has really ever heard me sing. Maybe hum along or put in a few words here and there but sing properly, without hesitation and without being embarrassed is something I've never done because I don't have a good singing voice. It's not all bad. I used to sing in the kiddy carol service about ten- eleven years ago and not everyone did that, but my sister has an amazing voice so maybe because mine sounds worse than someone scratching a blackboard (and making the screeeeeching sound that always freaks me out and gives me the creeps) when compared to hers, I usually stick to back up vocals or nothing at all. Except in the shower obviously. So last night, after pigging out at the Cheese Cake Factory (which has by far the best cheese cake I've ever had and a pretty decent but tad bit expensive menu) , we came back with high hopes of invading the lounge downstairs (not the one upstairs because the TV in that one is ancient, doesn't have a dvd player and only displays a variety of shades of blue) to watch the third season of The Office". Naturally, the lounge was already occupied so after lounging on the floor outside the elevator (because we couldn't make it any further due to the fact that we had eaten waaay too much) we contemplated what to do with the rest of the night. J came up with karaoke and so armed with cheese cake and the determination that I was going to observe only, I went along to his room. Half an hour in, I was belting out at the top of my voice with the rest of them. Forgetting the fact that I don't sing in public. None of us were exceptionally good except JF (not J but JF) who scored a 92 and a 06 during the process (which should depict just how varied and crazy his singing was). After about two and a half hours of singing a variety of songs ranging from "The Rain Man" to "Somewhere" to "I'm so Sexy" to "I'm a Slave 4 u" and "I Will Survive" and even a couple of Christmas songs, including one called "Noah's Arky Arky" which I've never heard before, we were done. It was kind of funny because no one really judged who how bad everyone else was singing. Except maybe J's singing which was really quite amusing because he's tone deaf. J's roommate came back and so we moved into E's room and proceeded to watch "The Office". By then, we were all really tired and falling asleep almost but the notion to actually go to sleep didn't really strike any of us.
So at about three in the morning, there we were, a tired and sorry bunch, too lazy to brush our teeth and go to bed, lying on the sofas in the couch and discussing about how we behave when we're drunk. At one point, I looked out the lounge door, and then I saw him. His girlfriend, Chinese J (taking a page out of Darwin's blog) lives with my room mate to be, A and because A went home for easter, he was staying over (not that he doesn't stay over otherwise as he practically lives in A's room much to her annoyance) But back to my story, there he was; walking down the corridor in his undies. They weren't boxers or the sort of undies one would wear outside the room if say one was making a trip to the bathroom but the regular "large Diaper" sort of undies (as O put it) and he was walking down the corridor in them. I had been drifting off to sleep and so I leaned up and said "crap Chinese J's boyfriend's just walked by in his underwear". Obviously we needed to find out what the deal was, being the very respectable and not nosy individuals we are, so everyone woke up and tried to spy on him. From the scenes that followed, which included Chinese J going downstairs, we gathered that they had been doing it and had come out at the same time to go to the bathroom and had locked themselves out in the process. I found this hilarious. I've locked myself out on numerous occasions, once when I went to take a shower too, but this was still just HILARIOUS. Watching their little night time drama unfold at three in the morning when they most probably assumed that no one was in the lounge.
Now that I'm done shamelessly recounting someone else's humiliating experiences in public, the left over cheese cake from yesterday is calling along with my calculus homework which never gets done on time and while ignoring the latter I can definitely do, I can't turn down the urge for yummy, soft, cheesy strawberry cheese cake that just melts in your mouth and gives you a very satisfying mouthgasm. It just can't be ignored any longer...

1 comment:

Darwin said...

Gah, Cheesecake Factory is amazing. Even their cocktails are gorgeous.

I think the correct term for his undies would be 'tighty-whiteys'? Although if they were diaper like maybe he favours extra-large granny-pant sized ones. Either way, not a pretty sight!