I was talking to a fellow Sri Lankan on campus who found me on facebook and I was surprised at how eager he was to meet up and how (oddly) lonely he sounded (after being here for a while). Naturally, being the selfish individual that I am, my first thought was "thank god I'm not in his position". Thank God indeed because I don't do too well with meeting new people. So this post is dedicated to my friends here... the friends who came into my life for a reason and who are going to remain for a season and hopefully be my friends for a lifetime (I apologize for the corniness of that particular line but I couldn't resist it). They're are several reasons why they are amazing. In a nut shell it would be because they don't judge and are just as silly and crazy and immature as I am.
We sing along to Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls all the time (You can take my word that they're aren't many of those)
I can think of more than one instance when they literally save my ass (or my grades at least). Last week is a primary example because the very disciplined Jane naturally waited till the day before to finish two papers, two projects and study for three exams.
We complain and bitch about the same things and same people (the latter is obviously our primary form of entertainment)
We're those kids who get really excited over going to the circus instead of going clubbing (who wouldn't be??)
We watch Disney movies on Friday nights... (just in case you were wondering, yes, we're in College and no we don't have a curfew)
We live to eat. I swear... Last week we took a forty minute metro ride so we could go to Wendy's. It was for the frosties...
TV shows mean a BIG deal to us... Particularly the silly, nonsensical kind...
How can I not love them?
P.s. - I apologize for the even cornier title, I am very uninspired right now because it's finals week... I really should run away to the circus and give up my measly attempt to get an education...
p.s. 2 - Wish me luck because I'm now going to write the first of the three papers due this week
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
1 comment:
Good Luck. I know if I was you Id still be lounging around and doing it @ last minute. Strangely enough that seems to work best for me, except @ exams.
"...How can I not love them?..."
indeed
Post a Comment