Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lost. Literally

So I had to go have my biometrics taken in order to apply for a visit visa to London. Everything else is all sorted except for the visa so seeing I had only one class today, I decided to go today. The application support centre is in Glenmont. Glenmont is pretty much as far out as one can go. It's right at the end of the red line (metro line that is) and it takes a good forty to fifty minutes to get there. But seeing as that it was the closest option, I had to go there.

Now everyone who knows me, knows very well that directions and I don't really go well together. I've been known to give wrong directions and have gotten lost on numerous occasions. The driver (back home) hates it when I get in the car and say "J, mang yanna one thana hariyatma danne naa, api langata gihilla balamu" with a big winning grin. The only things that rile him even more is when I stay out late and when I make a measly attempt to drive (I'm not a very good driver either. The whole deal with clutch balancing baffles me). So having learned through experience that winging it isn't a good idea, I got detailed directions from the Glenmont Metro stop to the Visa place. Naturally, despite all my precautions and planning, I still got lost. Twice. How might one ask? I have no clue but first I walked for a good ten to fifteen minutes past my destination and had to walk back. Then I couldn't find my way back to the metro station. SERIOUSLY!!! I amaze myself... some sense of direction... like a little tiny bit so that I can maybe, just ,maybe remember how to walk back to a place I left from only half an hour before...

I got back safe, in case anyone's wondering (and I know all of you'll are :D) and I also have a quazillion blisters on my foot, or five to be exact. Now seeing that I've run out of things to say, I'm going to go and kill time till the office starts

p.s. - I still haven't done the dreaded revision

No comments: