I've been working on a post that somehow doesn't sound the way I want it to, and it's a good one so I can't just let it out but I will get to it sometime soon (hopefully) or it'll have to join the rest of my almost posts. I have quite a collection of those and maybe one day, I'll finish them.
Thursday's are my good day because I just have one class and tomorrow, my professor's not there so I have a much awaited free day, where I don't have to drag myself out of bed at nine. I know in theory it's no where close to early but somehow, getting out of bed and into the shower is one of the hardest battles I fight everyday. Most days I end up barely making it to class and leaving the shower till after class (but I brush my teeth without fail). So the plan for today is to work on revising one of the two papers that need revising. It's the last of the revising I'll have to do this semester and I've been putting it off for weeks. As any student knows, college writing is the most painful class that a student has to live through and in many cases (unless you've got excellent AP scores), everyone has to take it. Thankfully, it's only during the freshman year and after April I won't have to worry about a single paper for English. Somehow writing for the other classes aren't as tough as writing for English professors who seem to have a special knack for spotting errors and pointing out how you've just bullshitted and not really brought out any points. A goof paper for me, is seven to eight pages. That's enough for me to really get my hands into it and analyze and prove my argument but not too long that I have to start adding unnecessary words to fill out the pages.
This post however isn't about the horror known as English papers but rather about random stuff that's happening in my life. There's apparently a movie titled "Teeth" and I'm looking forward to its release. Unfortunately, it's not being released in DC because it isn't a commercial film as such (I think). It's about a girl who suffers from Vagina Dentata. If you're thinking it's something that involves teeth and a vagina, your thinking right. It's apparently a myth about women who are born with teeth in their vaginas. We're a somewhat crazy bunch here and our regular movie nights vary from Disney to Hitchcock to (strange) documentaries (such as Jesus Camp) so Teeth fit right in so we're all waiting for it to come out in DVD.
Other than that, the International Festival in School is happening (has been happening) for the past week or so and I was helping them out here and there. Spent three hours on the quad today and despite the amazing weather yesterday, today was pretty chilly and I won't be staying outdoors for long anytime soon.
Having typed all of this (which I realize isn't particularly enticing or interesting) I've now run out of words and thoughts. So maybe now would be a good time to get down to revising the dreaded paper. After facebooking for a while that is.
p.s. - This is basically what one is taught not to do. As a final draft that is. Write something that isn't coherent, concise and has no particular rhyme or reasoning behind it.
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
4 comments:
I suppose the reasoning could be to enlighten on things that aren't coherent, concise and have no particular rhyme or reasoning behind it?
English professors who seem to have a special knack for spotting errors and pointing out how you've just bullshitted and not really brought out any points.
That is SO true... :P Me being a scatterbrain doesnt help much either
I wish but I'd still have no thesis and you NEED a thesis for all papers... But thanks for the suggestion anyways... :)
"...Having typed all of this (which I realize isn't particularly enticing or interesting) I've now run out of words and thoughts. So maybe now would be a good time to get down to revising the dreaded paper. After facebooking for a while that is..."
can totally relate to that. and for me, facebooking means snooping around 'other' people's walls and stalking..(muhahaha)
for a post that isn't "coherent, concise and has no particular rhyme or reasoning behind it" heck I enjoyed it. Now's the best time to finish the phy papers...once I'm done reading this blog THAT ISS! :) ahh...sweet procrastination.
Thanks incognito :) Glad you enjoy my writing even if my English professor doesn't.
And yes, I too am a stalker, of blogs and facebook :)It's pretty much the sole form of entertainment in my life actually... :D
Post a Comment