Since the last bit of the semester is always a killed and pretty much everyone is stressed out, worried and has too much work to get done before the end of the month, this post is going to be about the things that still make life somewhat pleasant. (The idea was from T's blog so my apologies to her for borrowing her idea)
S'mores - They're definitely underrated. The taste of chocolate with mushy marshmallows is pure heaven. I always feel so fat and amazingly good every time I eat them and today it was just what I needed after a long day.
Random trips to Mc Donald's to get ice cream - I always opt for the chocolate Sunday and there's no arguing that it's the best there is.
Daffodils - There are (used to be) bare bits of land all over campus that are now adorned with beautiful golden daffodils. A few weeks ago the ground was brown and dead with tiny little green shrubs trying to fight there way through the cold weather and now it's a sea of golden yellow everywhere you look. It always makes the walks to and from my classes extra special. The poem by Wordsworth describes what goes through my head every time I see the sea of daffodils.
New Religion - The floormates are a bit crazy (myself included) and bit is definitely an understatement so two nights ago, we founded a new religion. It all started because someone found a bag on the quad about a month ago and after trying anf failing to find its owner, it was left in our lounge two night ago. Naturally, we explored the insides and came across a notebook, filled with wannabe inspiring insights and poetry written by a guy we'll call DL. We tried to find him on facebook and when we didn't succeed we decided that we had to create a religion based on his work. We now have a group of 8 followers.
Stopping homework to watch crazy youtube videos in the middle of the night when about ten of us are in the lounge. Yesterday focused entirely on the predator episodes of Dateline NBC.
Sitting on the window ledge in groups (we're on the seventh floor) and spying on the people down below. This is especially fun when something interesting is happening. One time, we saw some strange guy being arrested.
The chicken in the quesadillas being extra nice - every now and then, the chicken in the chicken quesadillas are just right; cut right, seasoned right and cooked right.
ANTM - I have to admit that I'm a fan of the show. E, DR, C, CR and I watch it together every Wednesday night and we love it because it's ridiculous.
The new season of "The Office" - Since of late, I've become a big fan of the show (we watched season three during the last month or so) and I/ everyone else can't wait until tomorrow night when the new episode will air. I'm so excited.
Spring - Because the weather's getting warmer and I can actually wear a skirt tomorrow.
Summer - Because I will be done with all the work and I will be (hopefully) more mature and know a lot more than I did an year ago as a lowly freshman. I'm moving up the ladder and that's always fun. I will also be going home (YAY) and I'm going to do an interesting internship and I'll get to hang out with S and C again and I miss them loads and loads. I might to a trip to London and seeing that the last time I went there was when I was nine years old, this time around it's definitely going to be lots of fun.
I think I should stop now because I still haven't revised the paper that I was supposed to revise after writing the post on words stringed together. See what I mean when I say I have no work ethic what so ever. It still amazes me that I actually got into college and the honors program at that. I'm waiting for them to realize that there was an error and that I don't actually belong here.
I don't particularly like rain drops on roses but I like them on other flowers, especially Gerber daisies, but I do LOVE the song and the movie.
I Want To Be A Nationalist
7 years ago
5 comments:
no apologies necessary :) i think we're flower-mates (as opposed to soul-mates lol) because i love *love* daffodils and gerbera daisies. i even did a post abt em here
My Favourite Movie... ok one of my fave's but I ADORE Julie Andrews. Whiskers on Kittens and Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes I like.. never understood the brown paper packages though..
You dont need a work ethic as a justification/qualification to be brilliant (which after reading a few of your posts, I think you are). You just do what you do well, the best way you know how to do it. If thats with boring ol work ethic, fine. If you prefer giving your mind time to think and working furiously at the end, thats fine too. You still get it done, thats all that counts.
:)
T, thanks :) and flower-mates we are...I also love lilies... (hopefully you do too :D)
Dili, Thanks :) I hope that'll get me through the next month and eventually get me a degree...
And brown paper packages are exciting because it's fun to get a package. I should know because getting a package from home is alway a party here cos there's food and candy so how can one not like it...
T, the ones here are pale yellow with hints of orange and a yellowish white with hints of yellow... the daffodils that is...
Aaah lilies.. i don't hate em but i can't confess an undying love either. they're too.. delicate for my taste. i rather like spunky, cheery flowers. LOVE tulips btw.
i was noticing today, we have 3 varieties of daffodils on campus. the overall goldy-yellow ones, the yellow with an orange middle and white with a yellow middle. i think i'll probably go on a photographing spree in a few days.
Post a Comment